Data is at the heart of most breakthrough technologies in the 21st century. Today, there is an increase in the number of industries leveraging the Internet of Things (IoT) to be able to collect large volumes of data for various forms of analytics and to fuel Artificial Intelligence across multiple sectors. This has created the need for Industries also to visualize insights gleaned from the data, to make timely decisions for strategic business advantage. The IoT fundamentals and Data Visualization training will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to scale in the IoT industry. By the end of this training, you would have gained:
- A foundational understanding of the Internet of things (IoT),
- An understanding of IoT application within the industry with an example case study
- Knowledge of cybersecurity issues around IoT.
- An understanding of exploratory data analyses by visualizing data to derive insight,
- A good understanding of storytelling using Data Visualization,
- An ability to create dashboards,
- The ability to install and use Tableau, which is currently one of the most sought-after data visualization tools in the industry.
- Introduction to IoT and the Security Landscape
- IoT and its Applications
- Portability of Devices
- Practical Attacks, Threats and Risks
- Recommendations for IoT Security
- Securing Connected Products.
- IoT Attack Surface
Data Visualization with Tableau
- What is Data Visualisation?
- Classic visualisations
- Why is visualisation so useful/powerful?
- Common visualisation mistakes
- The visualisation process
- Data visualisation within Data Science
- Introduction to Tableau
- Setting up and Installing Tableau
- Tableau Online
- Hands on Tableau workshop
Fundamentals of IoT
Practical application in industry
Data visualization for competitive advantage
Deriving insights from Data
Impact of data visualization on various business verticals
Different kinds of IoT data sets, where they come from and how to extract value from them
Data visualization techniques /tools and how-to bring visualization to life
Creating dashboards for timely decision making
Storytelling with Data
Turn raw data into actionable insights for business automation and optimization
Use data visualization tools /Tableau to meet business objectives
- Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Data Scientist, Students, Engineers, Working Professionals.
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about IoT and harnessing the power within data.
Location / Delivery
- 2.5 hours per session across eight days